Doc's Cluster Headache Journal

Monday, December 28, 2009

As Much As I Hate To Do It...

I think I am going to have to put tighter restrictions on posting comments. Lately I have been getting comments which are just long lists of links to commercial sites and I can't abide by that. Thats not what this place is about. People should not have to dig through crap text to get helpful information or the honest comments of someone going through the same awful pain that they suffer.

The fact that people don't respect that is astounding... I know these new posts are likely automated but the people that created the automation knew that it would not be selective or empathetic as it polluted useful sites with garbage text, so they still have no excuse in my book.

Hell, as you may have noticed... to date I haven't had any ads MYSELF! why the hell would people feel comfortable trying to advertise here?! It STUNS me just how rude people can be.

I have always kept the comments open so that people could come and post freely and anonymously without hassle... (The last thing you want when you are in the middle of a cluster attack is to have to set up a damn account so you can vent!) I am sincerely sorry that human greed and my lack of time to police the result of that greed now forces me to close that freedom down.

Honestly I just can't keep up with all the spam and its starting to slip by me. It makes me angry that they have changed the way This blog operates because they are trying to sell "Ugg Boots".

7 Comments:

  • Incredible!! It's 2:47am guess I'm surfing for more answers nearing a cure for the cursed little beast that has awoken me - how did I ever miss this blog? Been reading for awhile... mine started when 23 and now I am 39. Tired with medication and grasping at the last few straws... it is interesting of what I've read so far in your journal - kinda gives me new comfort (hope), must keep reading, well written - to the point! Hope you discover the cure. Your kip scale is bang on... no pun intended! Thanks for all your determination and efforts - paul

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/31/2009 1:02 AM  

  • Hi Paul,

    My traditional greeting to new visitors is something along the lines of "I am sorry we have this in common." Sounds like you and I have both been wrestling with this for a long time.

    Thanks for the kind words about the journal, I don't expect anyone to find any information in here that "solves the whole puzzle", but if people find it and get a little support from knowing that someone else feels the same things they do... then that has made it worth the effort.

    I am happy you like my rating system. I really do think its a bit closer to what I experience at least. No disrespect to Kip! Maybe someday people will say "man I had a 3 last night." and the other person will say "was that a 3 in Kip or Doc Scale" heh. Better yet. Lets hope there is not enough time for my scale to come into common use because an easy and 100% effective cure with no significant side effects is found soon.

    Well, My friend, I have been there... exhausted, up late, searching and hoping to find new information. Let me know if you find anything new and interesting.

    Good luck and I hope we all get to beat this thing once and for all very soon.

    By Blogger Murdock Scott, at 12/31/2009 2:53 AM  

  • Hi, it's a very great blog.
    I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
    Keep doing!

    By Blogger Olive Tree, at 12/31/2009 7:42 PM  

  • I'm sorry about your headaches. My mother used to suffer frequent headaches when she was younger. Nowadays she seldom does. She eats healthier now -cut sugar, cut salt, etc - compared to those times. I remember the Chinese treatment 'guasa' used to help her too. I hope your headaches will go off soon too. Happy new year!

    By Blogger ::, at 1/02/2010 10:02 PM  

  • Hello! :)

    By Blogger HANDSOME PAUL, at 1/06/2010 8:59 AM  

  • Hey Doc - to filter out the comments, you need to 'moderate the comments' There's an option in blogger - this should disuade/stop spammers.

    "Snow shovelling bad for back and heart..." a.blog in hyperspace

    What - I've just bought a new shovel!
    Probably best to stay indoors, visit Homemadegymstuff and make something else to burn off those Hot-Choc cals...

    By Blogger Gym.Hodgson, at 1/08/2010 10:15 AM  

  • "Gym.Hodgson",

    I have always understood the features were there to be more aggressive in preventing unwanted comments... (didn't I say as much in my post?) I just was hopping it would not be necessary to implement them.

    I feel that person in great pain can get a cathartic boost from sending out a late night "message in a bottle" to others that hurt the same way. I don't think it has the same effect if that cry in the dark gets held in a electronic limbo waiting for me to check my email and approve it!

    None of this would be necessary if people had a touch of respect for the suffering of the people who visit here. But then most people don't take the time to understand a place on the web before posting their crap.

    I think it's an unfortunate sign of the bad turn the technology has taken. Self publishing had such great potential... unfortunately that potential is polluted by the less attractive parts of human nature and rendered less effective.

    By Blogger Murdock Scott, at 1/09/2010 3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home