Doc's Cluster Headache Journal

Thursday, November 03, 2005

November 3, 2005 :: 2:15 a.m.

I woke up about 2:15 when I heard the bathtub running. I was so sleepy I don't know that I fully woke up. I laid down on the floor next to Doc in the tub and I think I went to sleep there. I woke up about 3 and asked him if he wanted to go to bed; he woke up and said no, the CH was still there, pretty bad. I went to bed but set an alarm for 45 minutes later.

He still didn't want to go to bed at 3:45 so I went back to bed but I don't know that I managed to get another alarm set. So I don't know what time he finally came to bed.

I feel like a bad wife for letting him sleep in a tub of cold water. I'm supposed to be taking care of him and I'm not doing a very good job of it.

The CH seemed bad (of course) but not unbearably so. I didn't ask him what level it was at. I was pretty out of it.

3 Comments:

  • Don't feel bad. Save your energy, you're human.

    I also suffer from CH.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/03/2005 11:43 AM  

  • Wife,

    You take care of me better than I could ever hope for. I hope you know I feel very lucky.

    By Blogger Murdock Scott, at 11/03/2005 3:13 PM  

  • thank you husband ... rationally i know that i do my best, but the little nagging voice in the back of my head is always saying "yeah, but you could do better. couldn't you? mmm-hmm. you could. you're just being selfish."

    you do make me feel needed. i don't want you to feel any guilt for that little nagging voice in my head. that's just me. that voice is always there in every situation in my life. including this one.

    i guess it's normal for both parties to suffer from guilt in a situation like this...

    By Blogger Katy, at 11/03/2005 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home