Doc's Cluster Headache Journal

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Dr. Watts said...

Went to Dr. Maureen Watts of the Dallas Headache Association.

When I asked if we were to the point where we could understand what causes my headaches she said that we are not there yet and we don't have the technology yet to understand what actually causes these headaches.

When I asked if I should expect to stop having headaches entirely while on the Depakote, she said that was the goal.

Depakote is not supposed to make me "stupider" (partly why she chose it). It is an anti-seizure medication. It can cause weight gain and hair loss, but mostly in women.

Supposed to take 1 Depakote at night for one week, then 2 the next week, so on up to 4 pills a day on week 4.

Tonight, August 14: Took one Depakote at 12:00 midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home