Doc's Cluster Headache Journal

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Bad cluster attack that woke me from sleep at 3am. Lasted a lot longer than normal and got up to around a 6-7 in level... at some point twords the middle it became a steady 5 with rapid waves of extra pain this part was the most annoying and lasted for a very long time it seemed. by the end of the attack it was more like a 3-4 that drug on untill I just felt too tired to stay awake.

I think Katy may have gotten sick durring all this. I tried to find her to see if she was OK but she was hidding away from me.

I got sort of emotional during this attack. I dont remember what I said but I think I was being pretty defeatist. I am just hoping I didn't upset Katy too much.

I have had a weird day since.... I woke up with level 2 cluster pain and decided to prove to myself once and for all that extra sleep doesn't fix it, doesn't help. I let myself go back to sleep and didn't take any provigil this morning. Every so often when the pain would crest a little bit, I would wake up and then immediately try to go back to sleep. I guess because of how tired I am from the last few days of bad headaches, I was actually able to sleep for quite a long time, but every time I woke up I would feel just as bad if not a little worse.

I don't know how many times I woke up and went back to sleep, but it was many many times. Eventually around 3 p.m. I decided that the experiment had failed and that sleeping more wasn't going to do anything, and that in fact, my feeling that sleep seems to bring them on or make them worse is correct. I eventually got up. I've had lingering pain in the cluster area around level 1-2 since then. It's now 6:30 p.m.

The lingering level 1-2 pain in the cluster area continued till I bedtime, we went out to meet with friends at a bar where they have a trivia competition. I avoided drinking, and really was not much help on the trivia... I played a different game of "pretend to be normal".

1 Comments:

  • Sorry about your clusters. This conference might interest you.

    http://www.clusterbusters.com/convention2.htm

    Bobw

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/30/2007 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home