Doc's Cluster Headache Journal

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Light At The End Of The Tunnel

For some time I have wanted to make a post about how my clusters have been tapering off in severity,  becoming less frequent, and generally becoming less of a factor in my life. I still have headaches... both clusters and also migraines. In fact on any given day,  I am likely to have some type of headache pain. But cluster cycles are more infrequent, and when I have them, its often more of a vague muted/pressure/pain/hard to think kind of feeling. I am still taking Topamax so it is hard to say how much of this is due to topamax keeping them at bay but my feeling is that that I am just outgrowing them... like many people do.

So, I just want people who may come across this blog and are in pain to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel! Over and over again I hear stories from cluster sufferers that their headaches eventually become less frequent, less intense, or end altogether! Even if all the different treatments you've tried don't work, or only have modest success, you can still look forward to a time when the pain will just end.

Hang in there everyone.


Here are a few post from people who are reporting that they have seen the attacks drop off like I have.

Anonymous said...
"I haven't had an attack for 8 years now. I was told that my clusters would taper off and disappear. I never thought that it would happen but here I am pain free."
"Never give up hope folks."

Bob said...
"Sometimes my CHA episodes last 8-10 hours, and on occasion longer. After my 55th (or so) birthday I've had some remission, sometimes lasting for several years.  After three years off for good behavior, mine just started again today :-(
The good news, like you relate Doc, they are tapering off--the length of the episodes that is, and fewer 10s! Best wishes to all Cluster Heads."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home