Doc's Cluster Headache Journal

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I always feel better... when I am away.

Travel seems good for me. I have been out of town now for about a week and I have been feeling pretty good. The thing is, this is not the first time I have noticed and this has me thinking.

Posibilities...


A. I just refuse to give in to it as much while I am away and I use reserves of energy and hide the pain and exhaustion better, even from myself. Being distracted by unique surroundings could also have a calming effect.

B. I am sensitive to something in the environment of the city that I live in that acts as the main trigger for my clusters and migraines. I only started getting the headaches a few years after relocating to that area and now it really seems that every time I leave it they start to taper off somewhat. I believe that I have a difference in me that makes me prone to the headaches and that many things can trigger them. like booze or strong smells, but maybe there is an underlying trigger that is pushing them up 24/7 in the air or water that I can get away from. of course different people have different triggers and I don't think that its a poison gas or something like that... it could just be some perfectly normal thing that irritates only me. It's an interesting thought at least.

C. Maybe it is the heat... even in the dead of winter were I live its not that cool. So just about anywhere else I travel to is cooler. I don't know if I really believe this one much. I do hate being hot though.

D. Coincidence. The desire to feel better and get relief from these horrid headaches are notorious for making people think people see patterns were their are none... I am no exception.


Tomorrow we fly back home... In some ways, I am not looking forward to it.

1 Comments:

  • Hi, I just came across your blog, as I am dealing with a chronic headache. I'm wondering if it could be something in your house triggering you? I notice that I am usually better when I am away from home too. I'm not sure what it could be, but I'm thinking of having our house investigated for moulds or other headache-producing off-gassing.

    By Blogger Penelope, at 4/04/2009 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home