Doc's Cluster Headache Journal

Monday, July 21, 2008

I Want To Zap My Brain With Magnetic Pulses

Many years ago I read about researchers using strong electromagnets to attempt treat depression and also epilepsy I think. I was hoping that it would pan out and eventually lead to somewhat passive way to help those of us with migraines and clusters. I have been hearing that studies have been going on for a while along those lines but now it looks like its getting pretty serious.

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/news/20080627/magnetic-pulses-may-zap-migraine-pain

The article just talks about using it for treating migraine with aura but perhaps it is effective for cluster to some degree. The results quoted in the study don't make me want to jump up and down mind you... but even some measurable success with a non invasive and non pharmaceutical way to help with headache management appeals strongly to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home