Doc's Cluster Headache Journal

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The constant headache seems to be getting worse and worse

Katy says: Yesterday seemed like it was one of the worst days Doc has had in a while. I called him from work during the day; his voice had that unmistakable "I'm in pain" quality to it... it's quieter, not as bright and sharp, almost soft-raspy in quality. Hard to describe, but I can always tell.

When I got home, he was in the bathtub moaning. Said it had gotten up to a 5 or so, but had come back down to a 3-ish. Then, later, he mentioned that he felt queasy and said that it felt like there was a migraine going on on the other side of his head from the cluster, simultaneously. Oh, and to top it all off, he got a bad case of heartburn, which seems to happen a lot when he has headaches.

He was still trying to get some work done on the computer when I fell asleep, and I woke up at 4 a.m. to find him watching TV downstairs. He was still in pain. He came to bed after 7 a.m. I'm not sure if he slept all night.

I just now called him from work, and he's still in pain, although I don't think it's quite as bad as it was yesterday.

His last post was in February, and he's pretty much had a low-grade headache for the entire time since. Sometimes he wonders if the relatively infrequent periods of really bad ones are better than having a not-quite-as-bad one 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I wonder that too. They both wear you down, that's for sure.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home